Manitou sentence example
- The animal guardian reappears in the nagual of Central America (see article Totemism), the yunbeai of some Australian tribes, the manitou of the Red Indian and the bush soul of some West African tribes; among the latter the link between animal and human being is said to be established by the ceremony of the blood bond.
- The most important are at Buena Vista, Ouray, Wagon Wheel Gap, Poncha or Poncho Springs (90Ã‚°-185Ã‚° F.), Canyon City, Manitou,.
- They replied it was an immense Serpent, which the Manitou, the Great Spirit, was vomiting forth.
- Bell gave to the college Manitou Park, a tract of forest land covering about 13,000 acres and situated about 20 m.
- Manitou (610o-6300 ft.) a popular summer resort, lies about 6 m.Advertisement
- The most important are at Buena Vista, Ouray, Wagon Wheel Gap, Poncha or Poncho Springs (90°-185° F.), Canyon City, Manitou,.
- The Great Manitou awoke and found himself alone.
- In 1859 a winter mining party coming upon the sunny valley near the present Manitou, near the old Fontaine-qui-Bouille, settled "El Dorado."
- In 1872 Manitou (first La Fontaine) was founded.
- At the time however when active operations began the 42nd Division and one of the French divisions could 1 The chief naval incidents of this month were: - a raid by the Turkish destroyer " Demir Hissar " which sank the British transport " Manitou " on March 16, but had to be blown up next day off Chios to avoid capture; an attempt of the British submarine E15 to enter the Straits, which led to her being forced ashore (April 16) and in the sequel to her destruction by a daring boat's crew from the " Majestic " (April 18); bombardments of the defences of Smyrna on March 28, April 6 and April 22; and operations at Gaza and El Arish on the Syrian coast by the French battleship " St.Advertisement