Manhole sentence example
- One of the crewmembers entered the manhole to unclog the hose.
- Alas, tho he had opened a manhole with his robot, he had then descended into endless caverns with no apparent route out.
- The band discussed which of them would now stand on a rake, who would volunteer to plummet down an open manhole.
- The water tanks for the Research were made from teak with a small manhole for cleaning.
- Stoppers have been put in one manhole and the other manhole filled with water.Advertisement
- These are concrete pits of a few square meters, leveled flush with the ground, with some steel plates like rectangular manhole covers.
- Also a shared septic tank is located in the kitchen garden and a neighbor has a right of access to a manhole in it.
- When Pat suddenly stumbles on a disused manhole behind a washing machine, she is hopeful she has found a solution.
- Do not wade through high floodwaters; manhole covers may have lifted, leaving deep and dangerous unseen holes.
- Goring reported problems with blocked waste pipes to the Pavilion, which did not have the necessary manhole covers on them.Advertisement
- We abandoned our candy floss and got to work trying to lift the manhole by ourselves.
- Entrance is up the gill on the right beneath a covered manhole.
- The sea was smooth, the night dark with wind from N.W., but hardly had the ships left Dunkirk when the "Sappho" blew out a manhole joint in her boiler and had to put back.
- After the sweets have come away, cold water is passed through the char until no trace of lime or sulphate of lime is found in it; then a large manhole at the bottom of the cistern is opened, and the washed and spent char is removed.