Mandarin-ducks sentence example
- There are deer (at least five species), boars, bears, antelopes, beavers, otters, badgers, tiger-cats, marten, an inferior sable, striped squirrels, &c. Among birds there are black eagles, peregrines (largely used in hawking), and, specially protected by law, turkey bustards, three varieties of pheasants, swans, geese, common and spectacled teal, mallards, mandarin ducks white and pink ibis, cranes, storks, egrets, herons, curlews, pigeons, doves, nightjars, common and blue magpies, rooks, crows, orioles, halcyon and blue kingfishers, jays, nut-hatches, redstarts, snipe, grey shrikes, hawks, kites, &c. But, pending further observations, it is not possible to say which of the smaller birds actually breed in Korea and which only make it a halting-place in their annual migrations.
- Display a painting of a pair of mandarin ducks or peach blossoms for a happy marriage.
- A pair of Mandarin ducks is very beneficial to a marriage or love affair.
- Whatever the origin of its designation, a pair of Mandarin ducks is a long-standing symbol.
- You can find a red mystic knot tied to an amulet of two mandarin ducks carved out of jade.Advertisement
- The two most prominent ones are a pair of Mandarin ducks or a pair of cranes.
- Mandarin Ducks: A pair of Mandarin ducks will bestow marital happiness and bliss on the couple when placed on the nightstand beside the bed.