Manakins sentence example
- published a Histoire naturelle des tangaras, des manakins esmarest.
- The manakins are peculiar to the Neotropical Region and have many of the habits of the titmouse family (Paridae), living in deep forests, associating in small bands, and keeping continually in motion, but feeding almost wholly on the large soft berries of the different kinds of Melastoma.
- The manakins are nearly all birds of gay appearance, generally exhibiting rich tints of blue, crimson, scarlet, orange or yellow in combination with chestnut, deep black, black and white, or olive green; and among their most obvious characteristics are their short bill and feeble feet, of which the outer toe is united to the middle toe for a good part of its length.
- COCK-OF-THE-ROCK, the familiar name of the birds of the genus Rupicola (subfamily Rupicolinae) of the Cotingas (allied to the Manakins, q.v.), found in the Amazon valley.
- Just 3-4m beyond the wooden rails of the " viewing gallery " were 3 male manakins sitting on the ground.Advertisement
- We can hardly miss some of the colorful tanagers and manakins, and new birds will be coming thick and fast!
- Over 568 species of birds include tinamous and toucans, cotingas and antbirds, manakins and puffbirds, hummingbirds and spinetails.
- For 30 minutes no manakins called then the explosive note tore out of the tangled gully undergrowth.
- We can hardly miss some of the colorful tanagers and manakins, and new birds will be coming thick and fast !