Man-eaters sentence example
- Gaggin, Among the Man-Eaters (London, 1899); A.
- Old lions, whose teeth have become injured with constant wear, become "man-eaters," finding their easiest means of obtaining a subsistence in lurking in the neighbourhood of villages, and dashing into the tents at night and carrying off one of the sleeping inmates.
- Certainly there are occasional man-eaters amongst them, and in some countries they are much feared.
- for "man-eaters"), an ancient nation of cannibals north of Scythia (Herodotus iv.
- The much feared man-eaters like Oceanic Whitetips and Tiger Sharks, are commonly seen plying the deeper waters along the shelf.Advertisement