Malversation sentence example
- Tweed and members of the "Tweed Ring," and published Peculation Triumphant, Being the Record of a Five Years' Campaign against Official Malversation, A.D.
- The enemies of Pericles, who even with the aid of Spartan intrigue had hitherto, failed to harm his prestige, now succeeded in inducing the desperate citizens to fine him for alleged malversation.
- A few years later he incurred the royal disfavour for gross malversation in the administration of public property, and failing to compromise matters with the king, fled to Germany and engaged in political intrigues with the adventurer Wilhelm von Grumbach (1503-1567) for the purpose of dethroning Frederick II.
- The magistracy had been acquiring more and more the character of an oligarchy; all power was practically in the hands of a few closely-related families; and the gravest peculation and malversation took place without hindrance.
- Griffenfeldt, who was charged with simony, bribery, oath-breaking, malversation and lese-majeste, conducted his own defence under every imaginable difficulty.Advertisement
- The second charge was more serious, amounting to an accusation of malversation in the funds of his regiment.
- Meanwhile his father had been accused of malversation of the funds of his regiment; Benjamin helped him with his defence, with the result that he was finally exonerated and restored to the service with the rank of general.
- Relating to Offences directly against the State (ypa¢ai rtoelwv &,o µarwv); such as treason, malversation in office, embezzlement of public moneys.
- Against this state of things the crafts rebelled, alleging mismanagement, malversation and the withholding of justice.
- Several days later Floyd was indicted for malversation in office, but the indictment was overruled on technical grounds.Advertisement