Maltreatment sentence example
- The maltreatment of the Poncas, a fine and peaceable tribe, was peculiarly and inexcusably harsh.
- Textual criticism is called upon to repair the mischief done to inscriptions (texts inscribed upon stones) by weathering, maltreatment or the errors of the stone-cutter.
- Child protective services (CPS)-The designated social services agency (in most states) to receive reports, investigate, and provide intervention and treatment services to children and families in which child maltreatment has occurred.
- The data show that child protective service agencies received about 2,600,000 reports of possible maltreatment in 2002.
- The two prerequisites for this form of maltreatment are sexual arousal towards children and the willingness to act on this arousal.Advertisement
- Bensley, Lillian, et al. "Community Responses and Perceived Barriers to Responding to Child Maltreatment."
- After bold and repeated overtures for an exchange of prisoners - an important matter, both because the American frigates had no place in which to - stow away their prisoners, and because of the maltreatment _ of American captives in such prisons as Dartmoor - exchanges began at the end of March 1779, although there were annoying delays, and immediately after November 1781 there was a long break in the agreement; and the Americans discharged from English prisons were constantly in need of money.
- In the same year the writ was used to release the wife of Earl Ferrers from his custody and maltreatment, and was unsuccessfully applied for by John Wilkes to get back his wife, who was separated from him by mutual agreement.
- It is in the Pointed style, but suffered maltreatment in 1806 at the hands of restorers, whose work, however, disappeared during the restoration completed in 1902.