Maltese-cross sentence example
- The badge of the order was a white Maltese cross decorated in gold, with the gold lilies of France at the angles, in the centre a white dove with wings outstretched, the ribbon was sky blue (cordon bleu).
- The look varies, but the emblem resembles a Maltese cross and has the words individually inked on the west, north and east compass points of the shield.
- The Maltese cross is another popular tattoo pattern.
- This symbol is used by firefighters around the country, so it is not unusual to incorporate flames in a Maltese Cross tattoo design.
- While many fire uniform patches have been adopted by fire stations to resemble police shield badges, many have stayed with the shape of the Maltese Cross with any of the above-mentioned symbols in combinations impressed upon them.Advertisement
- How did the Maltese cross become a standard badge for firefighters around the world?
- Thus, the Maltese cross is a symbol of protection, as well as the ultimate sacrifice of someone willing to give his life for another.
- They carry Maltese cross badges, Chaplin badges, as well as custom designed patches, pins, and other firefighter accessories.