Malone sentence example
- Among his avowed antagonists in literary warfare the most distinguished were Malone and Steevens, the Shakespeare editors; Mathias, the author of the Pursuits of Literature; Dr Jamieson, the Scottish lexicographer; Pinkerton, the historian; Dr Irving, the biographer of the Scottish poets; and Dr Currie of Liverpool.
- Malone computed the gains of the publishers at five or six thousand pounds.
- Tyers, &c.; far above all, of course, the unique Life by James Boswell, first published in 1791, and subsequently encrusted with vast masses of Johnsoniana in the successive editions of Malone, Croker, Napier, Fitzgerald, Mowbray Morris (Globe), Birrell, Ingpen (copiously illustrated) and Dr Birkbeck Hill (the most exhaustive).
- The mountains are easily reached from Plattsburgh, Port Kent, Herkimer, Malone and Saratoga Springs.
- He died at Malone on the 4th of June 1887.Advertisement
- A retrospective exhibition of his work was held in 1981 at the Malone Gallery in Belfast.
- Malone denied murder but was convicted by the jury.
- Its bar became a popular lunchtime rendezvous, presided over by no less a person than the present Mayor of Greenwich, Councilor Malone.
- Malone appears to have thought that it was a mere subterfuge to instance the death of Garrick as a reason for not electing him.
- Gloss lets eyeshadow shoppers peruse the selections from such cosmetic superstores as Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder and Jo Malone.Advertisement
- The Last Sunset - This 1960 western film stars the likes of Rock Hudson and Kirk Douglas along with leading ladies Carol Lynley and Dorothy Malone.
- Charley Webb (Debbie Dingle): As another child performer, she appeared in a Manchester stage production of Bugsy Malone at the young age of 8.
- Contemporary artists such as Ed Hardy, Paul Jefferies and Mike Malone revived the tradition of old school tattoos while adding in present-day themes and personalized depictions (such as Asian artistry and American Indian themes).
- The young pair team up to discover what they can about Dust, eventually enlisting the bewildered help of an Our-Universe physicist named Mary Malone, who recognizes that Dust is the Dark Matter of modern physics.
- Pullman shows his extraordinary imagination in The Amber Spyglass, with physicist Mary Malone's sojourn among the Mulefa.Advertisement