Malefactors sentence example
- It was not the Old Testament saints, however, but only sinners and malefactors like Cain, Esau and Saul, who obeyed his summons.
- God put it into our hearts to pray for the poor malefactors, passing to execution: and his Spirit made intercession.
- The hlaford and his hiredmen are an institution not only of private patronage, but also of police supervision for the sake of laying hands on malefactors and suspected persons.
- They hurt people for fun and money, ran errands for more talented malefactors, and generally kept themselves in constant trouble.
- Yesterday the five following malefactors were executed at Tyburn, viz.Advertisement
- He punished malefactors by coating them with lead and roasting them over a fire.
- I visited the condemned malefactors in Newgate, and was locked in by the turnkey, not with them, but in the yard.
- And the said William was a leader of other malefactors ' .
- Mr Roosevelt not only attacked dishonesty in public affairs but in private business as welt, asserting that "malefactors of great wealth" endeavour to control legislation so as to increase the profits of monopolies or "trusts," and that to prevent such control it is necessary to extend the powers of the federal government.
- He was appointed provost of Paris in February 1437, and in 1438 he was made "judge and general reformer of the malefactors of the kingdom."Advertisement
- The regular police organization, which preserves order, checks evil-doing, and "runs in" malefactors, falls naturally and broadly into two grand divisions, the administrative and the active, the police "in the office" and the police "out of doors."
- The same hatred of lawlessness and violence which fired him with a divine rage against the Indian malefactors was aroused by the violence and lawlessness of the Parisian insurgents.
- Bakan brings a degree of precision without identifying individual malefactors.