Male-fern sentence example
- Pomegranate root, or, better, the sulphate of pelletierine in dose of 5 grains with an equal quantity of tannic acid, may be used to replace the male fern.
- - This includes the male-fern, santonin, cusso, pomegranate bark, pumpkin seeds and many other substances containing active principles which have a specific poisonous action on intestinal parasitic worms. Apart from this their actions vary considerably, but are of little practical importance.
- Bracken and male fern were gathered from the woods during the 17th and 18th centuries, and burned to make potash for bleaching linen.
- Few plants surpass a strong, well-flowered clump of Hemerocallis fulva, as we have seen it, mixed with a group of male Fern near a brook.
- A. aculeatum is best in rich loam, with sand and leaf-mould, well-drained, and so does the Male Fern.Advertisement