Malar sentence example
- X P11,1x, premaxilla; Mx, maxilla; Ma, malar; Fr, frontal; L, lachrymal; Pa, parietal; Na, nasal; Sq, squamosal; Ty, tympanic; ExO, exoccipital; AS, alisphenoid; OS, orbito-sphenoid; Per, mastoid bulla.
- But though situated at a central point on Lake Malar, it was destroyed, apparently before the beginning of the nth century (exactly when or by whom is uncertain); and it never recovered.
- Sigtuna, lying on the shore of a far-reaching northern arm of Lake Malar, also a royal residence and the seat of the first mint in Sweden, where English workmen were employed by King Olaf at the beginning of the 11th century, was destroyed in the 12th century.
- Nordensvan, Mdlardrottningen [" the queen of Malar"] (Stockholm, 1896); E.
- wooded, with innumerable lakes, including the four Low great lakes, Vener, Vetter, Malar and Hjelmar.Advertisement
- Lake Vetter drains eastward by the Motala to the Baltic, Lake Malar drains in the same direction by a short channel at Stockholm, the normal fall of which is so slight that the stream is sometimes reversed.
- At this epoch the North Sea and the Baltic were connected along the line of Vener, Vetter, Hjelmar and Malar.
- Among country palaces or mansions that of Gripsholm is notable, overlooking Lake Malar, the shores of which are specially rich in historic sites and remains In ecclesiastical architecture Sweden possesses the noble cathedrals of Lund, Upsala and Linkoping; while that of Skara, near the southern shore of Lake Vener, dates originally from 1150, and that of Strengn: s on Lake Molar was consecrated in 1291.
- Their original territories lay on both sides of the Malar, in the provinces later known as Upland, Sodermanland and Westmanland.
- He made his way to Birca on the Malar.Advertisement
- Some years later we hear of hostilities between Olaf Skottkonung and another Norwegian prince, Olaf Haraldsson (the Fat), who raided Sweden and was besieged in the Malar by the Swedish king.
- mentary first premolar, Ma, Jugal or malar bone.
- malar rash seen on the cheeks.
- malar stripe.
- malar bones.Advertisement
- malar space is very short.
- Including the four great lakes, Vener, Vetter, Malar Hjelmar, 35 16 sq.