Maladaptive sentence example
- Maladaptive behavior interferes with child's achievement of independence because the child requires more supervision and assistance in order to learn how to behave appropriately.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy seeks to change maladaptive schemas.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, or CBT, helps someone identify the faulty patterns of thinking associated with their body and to confront their maladaptive behaviors.
- The SIBR assesses adaptive and maladaptive behavior to determine the type and amount of special assistance that children with disabilities may need.
- Maladaptive behavior-Undesirable and socially unacceptable behavior that interferes with the acquisition of desired skills or knowledge and with the performance of everyday activities.Advertisement
- Maladaptive-Unsuitable or counterproductive; for example, maladaptive behavior is behavior that is inappropriate to a given situation.
- Undesirable or socially unacceptable behaviors that interfere with the acquisition of desired skills and with the performance of everyday activities are classified as maladaptive behaviors, or more commonly, behavior problems.
- Alcoholism, or alcohol dependence, is described in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV) as "A maladaptive pattern of alcohol use, leading to clinically significant impairment or distress."
- Psychiatrists generally believe that this is a maladaptive form of self-help or self-preservation and is done to achieve release from almost unbearable psychic tension and to give the individual a feeling of control.
- When the behavior is inflexible, maladaptive, and antisocial, then that individual is diagnosed with a personality disorder.Advertisement