Making-peace sentence example
- He was wrong for running instead of making peace.
- It is possible to suppose a connexion between his zeal for making peace with France and a desire to forward the Pretender's interests or win support from the Jacobites.'
- Thus, too, he was granted the sole right of making peace and war, and of disposing of the funds in the treasury of the state.
- His brother, Arthur of Brittany, earl of Richmond (comte de Richemont), was reconciled with the king, and became constable in 1425, with the avowed intention of making peace between Charles VII.
- He was forced to renounce his dominions, and received a castle near Asti, but he escaped to France, and after a series of romantic adventures succeeded in making peace with Venice, who was becoming alarmed at the restless ambition and treachery of Visconti; in 1390 he raised a small armed force and seized Padua, where he was enthusiastically welcomed by the citizens, and for several years reigned there in peace.Advertisement
- He died at Pisa while engaged in making peace between the Pisans and Genoese in order to secure the help of both cities in the crusade.
- Although the Franco-Sardinian forces were successful in the field, Napoleon, fearing an attack by Prussia and disliking the idea of a too powerful Italian kingdom on the frontiers of France, insisted on making peace with Austria, while Venetia still remained to be freed.
- We will end war by making peace more desirable.
- The Turks will be of no use to you; they are worth nothing and have shown it by making peace with you.
- Lipman-Bluementhal, Jean, et al. Step Wars: Overcoming the Perils and Making Peace in Adult Stepfamilies.Advertisement
- Rascal Flatts: I'm Moving On is an emotional song that's easy to relate to as it involves making peace with your past mistakes and moving on to something different and hopefully brighter.