Making-do sentence example
- At the cabin, she washed a dress in the sink and hung it on the line to dry, taking pride in the fact that she was making do with what was available.
- Brides and grooms who want to save money on their invitations should consider making do it yourself wedding invitations.
- This may mean refacing existing cabinets, while investing in a granite counter, or it may mean making do with a less expensive floor tile because the backsplash is so dramatic.
- Instead of making do with one-piece or two-piece suits that don't take your particular needs into account, mix and match to make your own swimsuit that meets all of your requirements.
- It's very important that you choose a pair of shoes designed specifically for tennis, rather than making do with an old pair of running or basketball shoes.Advertisement
- While the British were exceedingly well-armed and suited for battle, the soldiers of the thirteen colonies (who eventually acquired the title of the Continental Army) were making do with any means available.