Make-shift sentence example
- When Alex opened the make-shift gate, Carmen stepped inside and knelt beside the lamb.
- It was of course only the few who could afford elaborate tombs of the kind: the poor had to make shift with an unpretentious grave, in which the corpse was placed enveloped only by a few rags or enclosed in a rough wooden coffin.
- The less fortunate make shift to live outside as best they can, but are all day in the mosque, and are seldom deserted by Moslem charity.
- They make shift to live merely by conformity, practically as their fathers did, and are in no sense the progenitors of a noble race of men.
- At present men make shift to wear what they can get.Advertisement