Make-headway sentence example
- Then gold-mining, after being long at a standstill, began again to make headway.
- Disarmament, roads and land-purchasing enabled settlement to make headway again in the North Island of ter twelve years of stagnation.
- Although the Grenadiers finally lost the summit of Cengio, they held on to the lower slopes above Schiri, and Dankl was unable to make headway in the valley, while the right of the division was swung back to the western slopes of Monte Pau.
- Indeed, a money currency only began to make headway in these districts in the 4th century B.C. In the eastern provinces, on the other hand, the primitive method Of exchange by barter still held the field.
- We know only that the last of them, a Paerisades, unable to make headway against the power of the natives, called in the help of Diophantus, general of Mithradates VI.Advertisement
- If pollen is scarce, a substitute in the form of either pea-meal or wheaten flour must be supplied to the bees, as brood-rearing cannot make headway without the nitrogenous element indispensable in the food on which the young are reared.
- Off the west coast of Sardinia a heavy north-westerly gale was encountered, against which was impossible to make headway.