Makar sentence example
- The city formed one of the five royal strongholds of ancient Orissa and was founded by a warlike Hindu prince, Makar Kesari, who reigned from 953 to 961.
- In one aspect Hercules is clearly a sun-god, being identified, especially in Cyprus and in Thasos (as Makar), with the Tyrian Melkarth.
- Jimmy makar top qualifier each.
- Makar Alexeevich, the brother of my late master--may the kingdom of heaven be his--has remained here, but he is in a weak state as you know, said the old servant.
- Pierre knew that Makar Alexeevich was Joseph Bazdeev's half-insane brother and a hard drinker.Advertisement
- Makar Alexeevich came twice that evening shuffling along in his galoshes as far as the door and stopped and looked ingratiatingly at Pierre.
- While Pierre, standing in the middle of the room, was talking to himself in this way, the study door opened and on the threshold appeared the figure of Makar Alexeevich, always so timid before but now quite transformed.
- Gerasim and the porter, who had followed Makar Alexeevich, stopped him in the vestibule and tried to take the pistol from him.
- Makar Alexeevich, frowning with exertion, held on to the pistol and screamed hoarsely, evidently with some heroic fancy in his head.
- Bonaparte!... shouted Makar Alexeevich.Advertisement
- See this? shouted Makar Alexeevich, brandishing the pistol.
- They seized Makar Alexeevich by the arms and dragged him to the door.
- With a madman's cunning, Makar Alexeevich eyed the Frenchman, raised his pistol, and took aim.
- Just when Pierre snatched at and struck up the pistol Makar Alexeevich at last got his fingers on the trigger, there was a deafening report, and all were enveloped in a cloud of smoke.
- The officer went up to Makar Alexeevich and took him by the collar.Advertisement
- Makar Alexeevich was standing with parted lips, swaying, as if about to fall asleep, as he leaned against the wall.
- In reply to his last question Pierre again explained who Makar Alexeevich was and how just before their arrival that drunken imbecile had seized the loaded pistol which they had not had time to recover from him, and begged the officer to let the deed go unpunished.