Major-seventh sentence example
- Thus, suppose a fundamental 256 has present with it overtone harmonics 512, 768, 1024, 1280, &c., and that we sound with it the major seventh with fundamental 480, and having harmonics 960, 1440, &c. The two sets may be arranged thus c 256 512 768 1024 1280 h 480 960 1440, and we see that the fundamental of the second will beat 32 times per second with the first overtone of the first, giving dissonance.
- The very marked dissonance of the major seventh is thus explained.
- Thus, take the major seventh with frequencies 256 and 480.
- The example we have given above of the major seventh must serve here.
- They also employ four part minor and major seventh chords compared to the triads used exclusively in the previous section.Advertisement
- While this list is by no means all inclusive, major seventh chords are especially known for their role in jazz.
- Brazilian Chords: The major seventh chords are central to playing bossa nova.
- The three most important chords in this family for bossa nova guitar players are the A major seventh, the C major seventh and the F major seventh.
- For example, the A includes an extra G sharp, while the F needs an extra E note to form the major seventh.
- Start with the most important chords, and then add the entire repertoire of major seventh chords to your personal chord inventory.Advertisement
- Begin by learning your major seventh chords since these are key components of Brazilian styles of music such as samba, cha cha and bossa nova.