Maire sentence example
- In 1616 Jacob le Maire and Willem Cornelis Schouten called at Juan Fernandez for water and fresh provisions.
- He was maire of the village, tutor to Aurore's halfbrother, and, in addition to his other duties, undertook the education of the girl.
- Subdivisions may be, and often are, named according to the particular duties to which they are assigned, as la police politique, police des mceurs, police sanitaire, &c. The officers of the judicial police comprise the juge de paix (equivalent to the English police magistrate), the maire, the commissaire de police, the gendarmerie and, in rural districts, the gardes champtres and the gardes forestiers.
- He can annul or suspend the maire's decrees and he has also considerable control over public institutions, charitable and otherwise.
- 9, 1893 Maire, "Recherches cytologiques et taxonomiques sur les Basidiomyceten," Annexe au Bull.Advertisement
- The most striking distinction, however, as against the villes consulaires was the elevation of the president of the body to the position of maire or mayeur (sometimes also called prevot, praepositus).
- Accordingly, in conjunction with Christopher Maire, an English Jesuit, he measured an arc of two degrees between Rome and Rimini.
- An account of them was published in 1755, entitled De Litteraria expeditione per pontificam ditionem ad dimetiendos duos meridiani gradus a PP. Maire et Boscovich.
- He became maire of Arras and administrateur of Pas-de-Calais, and on the 2nd of July 1793 took his seat in the Convention.
- The maire and other municipal authorities are also appointed by the prince.Advertisement
- Before an explosive, 1, r, d are often represented by i: saiga (saiga), vaiga (valga), laigo (iargo), maire (madre), paire (padre).
- Vice Presidentember 1972 Maire Drumm, then vice-President of Sinn FÃ©in (SF ), was arrested in the Republic of Ireland.
- " The work appeared anonymously at Leiden (published by Jean Maire) in 1637, under the modest title of Essais philosophiques; and the project of a universal science becomes the Discours de la methode pour bien conduire sa raison et chercher la verite dans les sciences.
- On the fall of the Empire he took an active part in politics, was maire of a district of Paris during the siege, and " in 1871 was in the National Assembly, voting as a Moderate Liberal.
- Sunday 5 November 1972 Maire Drumm, then vice-President of Sinn FÃ©in (SF), was arrested in the Republic of Ireland.Advertisement