Mainsail sentence example
- Approximately 3.50 meters long with a mainsail, while the Pico has an option of having a jib fitted.
- After a while the reefed mainsail was set, but adding that sail just made the motion more uncomfortable.
- The ship on the right has a larger, broader mainsail, less high than the mainsail on the first ship.
- Simon and Laurie undid the ropes and we motored off jetty then switched off and hoisted the mainsail and Genoa (foresail ).
- We furled the mainsail, got the dagger board down, and we tacked.Advertisement
- Hi, I'm a novice sailor and have had difficulty raising the mainsail while underway on a solo sail.
- A mosaic of c.200 AD shows two types of merchant ship: both have a square mainsail and an artemon.
- Down came the mainsail.
- Among the three that stay in the deeper water is V.Ships, at this stage sailing with a reefed mainsail.
- A 55 foot pole has been obtained from Sweden for use as a mast and two 30 foot poles for mainsail and topsail yards.Advertisement