Mahzor sentence example
- Half a century later the famous Gaon Seadiah, also of Sura, issued his Siddur, in which the rubrical matter is in Arabic. Besides the Siddur, or order for Sabbaths and general use, there is the Mahzor (cycle) for festivals and fasts.
- The Mahzor of each rite is also distinguished by hymns (piyyutim) composed by authors (payyetanim) of the district.
- 1832), a liberal, and editor of the Pentateuch and Mahzor; N.
- More conclusive still is the fact that in a number of old Mahzor MSS.
- His poetical gifts he turned to admirable account in his translation of the Festival Prayers (Mahzor, 9 vols., 1855), a new feature of which was the metrical rendering of the medieval Hebrew hymns.Advertisement