Mahseer sentence example
- From the angler's point of view, by far the finest fish is the mahseer (Barbustor), found in all hill streams, whether in Assam, the Punjab or the South.
- To the fisherman in India the mahseer affords the same kind of sport as the salmon in the British Isles, and it rivals that fish as regards size, strength and activity.
- The mahseer fish is found in the Tista.
- For descriptions of other Cyprinids than the carp, see Goldfish, Barbel, Gudgeon, Rudd, Roach, Chub, Dace, Minnow, Tench, Bream, Bleak, Bitterling, Mahseer.
- Though called the salmon of India, the mahseer is really a species of barbel.Advertisement
- Both displayed lots of photographs of their catches - nothing like a picture of a huge sturgeon or mahseer to start a conversation!
- Both displayed lots of photographs of their catches - nothing like a picture of a huge sturgeon or mahseer to start a conversation !