Mahal sentence example
- At Delhi also he erected the celebrated peacock throne; but his favourite place of residence was Agra, where his name will ever be associated with the marvel of Indian architecture, the Taj Mahal.
- The Taj Mahal hotel, which was built by the Tata family in 1904, is the most palatial and modern hotel in India.
- Shah Jahan erected many splendid monuments, the most famous of which is the Taj Mahal at Agra, built as a tomb for his wife Mumtaz Mahal; while the Pearl Mosque at Agra and the palace and great mosque at Delhi also commemorate him.
- From a distance, the marble of the Taj Mahal picks up the subtle nuances of the changing light.
- A visit here is the perfect antidote to the crush at the Taj Mahal.Advertisement
- Cruickshank boasts breadth and depth, bubbling with as much glee over the VW Beetle as the Taj Mahal.
- Unexpectedly, Agra was to prove memorable beyond merely the Taj Mahal.
- Quot into casual conversation multiple times in trump Taj Mahal is being filmed.
- That most chaste and most ornamental of buildings was erected by Shah Jahan as the mausoleum of his favourite wife Mumtaz Mahal, and he himself lies by her side (see Agra).
- Quot into casual conversation multiple times in trump taj mahal is being filmed.Advertisement
- This could be considered the Taj Mahal of world music fusion !
- Skip adding turrets like the Taj Mahal, and go with either a simple slanted shed roof, or a gabled roof.
- Political and Administrative Divisions.The empire of Persia, officially known as Mamalik i Mahruseh i Iran, the protected kingdoms of Persia, is divided into a number of provinces, which, when large, and containing important sub-provinces and districts, are called mamlikat, kingdom, when smaller, vilayat and ayalat, and are ruled by governors-general and governors appointed by and directly responsible to the Crown, These provinces are further divided into sub-provinces, vilayats districts, sub-districts and parishes, buluk, na/ziyeh, mahal, and towns, cities, parishes and villages, shehr, kassabeh, mahalleh diii, which are ruled by lieutenant-governors and other functionaries appointed by and responsible to the governors.
- The other most notable buildings in the city are the Victoria terminus of the Great Indian Peninsula railway and the Taj Mahal hotel.
- In Mysore the amrit mahal, a breed said to have been introduced by Hyder Ali for military purposes, is still kept up by the state.Advertisement
- About three-fifths of this number belong to the diocese of Azerbaijan, with a bishop at Tabriz, and reside in the cities of Tabriz, KhoI, Selmas, Urmia and Maragha, and in about thirty villages close to the north-western frontier; the other two-fifths, under the diocese of Isfahan, with a bishop in Julfa, reside in Teheran, Hamadan, Julfa, Shiraz, Bushire, Resht, Enzeli and other towns, and in some villages in the districts of Chahar Mahal, Feridan, Barbarud, Kamareh, Kazaz, Kharakan, &c. Many Persian Armenians are engaged in trade and commerce, and some of their merchants dispose of much capital, but the bulk live on the proceeds of agriculture and are poor.
- The Gagan Mahal, or ancient audience hall, is now a mass of ruins, but when complete must have been a beautiful building.