Magnifies sentence example
- The microscope magnifies the distance traversed as well as the organism, and although a bacterium which covers 9 - ro cm.
- According to Abbe, a system can only be regarded as aplanatic if it is spherically corrected for not only one axial point, but when it also fulfils the sine-condition and thus magnifies equally in all zones a surface-element situated vertically on the axis at this point.
- Just as technology magnifies our productive labor, it magnifies our destructive capacity as well.
- His fame has been somewhat obscured by that of his great minister Absalon, whom their common chronicler Saxo constantly magnifies at the expense of his master.
- The great objection to pantheism is that, though ostensibly it magnifies the Creator and gets rid of the difficult dualism of Creator and Creation, it tends practically to deny his existence in any practical intelligible sense.Advertisement
- Above all, he both magnifies the office of the Christian ministry as a whole and alters what is said of it in detail (for example, the deaconess loses rank not a little), to make it agree with the circumstances of his day in general, and with his own ideas of fitness in particular.
- We know technology magnifies that.
- On the one hand, as a transcriber of the philo-Goth Cassiodorus, he magnifies the race of Alaric and Theodoric, and claims for them their full share, perhaps more than their full share, of glory in the past.
- neither magnifies angular width of the object under view.
- limey acidity that magnifies the citrus and mineral characters.Advertisement
- Public opinion is a powerful force, and if it is generally a force for peace, then the web magnifies it.
- The fact that his mom likes to talk, and tends to answer for him, magnifies his taciturn nature.
- I am looking for a lighted travel makeup mirror that magnifies 2X to 3X and works on a 220 volt for travel to Europe and Africa.
- The process for grading diamonds requires years of training and special equipment that illuminates and magnifies the diamond.
- Your vet will look into your cat's ears with an otoscope; this is a small instrument that magnifies things.Advertisement