Magnetosphere sentence example
- In 1959, Dr. Van Allen discovered that the Earth has a magnetosphere.
- Galileo's first flyby of Ganymede discovered that Ganymede has its own magnetosphere field embedded inside Jupiter's huge one.
- The IMAGE web site discusses NASA's mission dedicated to imaging the earth's magnetosphere.
- The main difficulty arises from the rapidly varying magnetic fields which originate in a region of near-Earth space called the magnetosphere.
- Apart from the Solar Wind, the Jovian magnetosphere is the largest structure in our Solar System.Advertisement
- Plasma flows in the dayside outer magnetosphere; the plasma rotates with the planet every 10 hours.
- The mission will apply techniques developed for Cluster to resolve spatial and temporal structure in the inner magnetosphere for the first time.
- Changes in magnetic field geometry while the spacecraft is traversing the transition region between the outer and middle magnetosphere are also considered.
- Possible applications to observations in the terrestrial magnetosphere are discussed.
- The amount of braking can be related to the number of charges leaving the pulsar magnetosphere.Advertisement