Magnetically sentence example
- A very pure form of iron, which from the method of its manufacture is called " steel," is now extensively used for the construction of dynamo magnets; this metal sometimes contains not more than 0.3% of foreign substances, including carbon, and is magnetically superior to the best commercial wrought iron.
- Heydweiller, 2 which appeared to indicate a reversal in weak fields (corresponding to I= 5, or thereabouts), have been shown by Honda and Shimizu to be vitiated by the fact that his specimen was not initially in a magnetically neutral state; they found that when the applied field had the same direction as that of the permanent magnetization, Heydweiller's fallacious results were easily obtained; but if the field were applied in the direction opposite to that of the permanent magnetization, or if, as should rightly be the case, there were no permanent magnetization at all, then there was no indication of any Villari reversal.
- - It has long been known that iron, when raised to a certain " critical temperature " corresponding to dull red heat, loses its susceptibility and becomes magnetically indifferent, or, more accurately, is transformed from a ferromagnetic into a paramagnetic body.
- A very small difference in the constitution often produces a remarkable effect upon the magnetic quality, and it unfortunately happens that those alloys which are hardest magnetically are generally also hardest mechanically and extremely difficult to work; they might however be used rolled or as castings.
- If an iron ship be swung when upright for deviation, and the mean horizontal and vertical magnetic forces at the compass positions be also observed in different parts of the world, mathematical analysis shows that the deviations are caused partly by the permanent magnetism of hard iron, partly by the transient induced magnetism of soft iron both horizontal and vertical, and in a lesser degree by iron which is neither magnetically hard nor soft, but which becomes magnetized in the same manner as hard iron, though it gradually loses its magnetism on change of conditions, as, for example, in the case of a ship, repaired and hammered in dock, steaming in an opposite direction at sea.Advertisement
- In some cases the iron-bearing mineral, such as magnetite or haematite, can be separated from the gangue after crushing, either mechanically or magnetically, so that the part thus enriched or " concentrated " alone need be smelted.
- Weber had already laid the foundations of the absolute system of electric and magnetic measurement, and proved that a quantity of electricity could be measured either by the force it exercises upon another static or stationary quantity of electricity, or magnetically by the force this quantity of electricity exercises upon a magnetic pole when flowing through a neighbouring conductor.
- A powerful electromagnet causes the nuclei of atoms (particularly hydrogen in water molecules) to align magnetically.
- In principle, a person could be magnetically levitated too like frogs, we are mostly water.
- Magnetically shielded All moving coil loudspeakers use some kind of magnet system to produce the movement within the voice-coil.Advertisement
- The coercivity of relay steels and other magnetically soft materials can be measured using a vibrating coil magnetometer developed at NPL for this purpose.
- Both drivers are magnetically shielded allowing operation close to video monitors.
- She comes with a removable diaper, a super-soft two-piece sleeping outfit and a dummy that attaches magnetically to her mouth.
- In addition to wind power turbines, there exist magnetically levitated wind turbines, floating wind turbines, and airborne wind turbines.
- Known as a magnetically levitated wind turbine, the MagLev can make enough power to light over 750,000 homes My Wind Power System.com.Advertisement
- The phone will magnetically snap into place and begin charging.
- That doesn't mean she goes along with it, but she understands why other women are so magnetically drawn to this powerhouse of male energy.
- Tattoo artists use high speed, magnetically powered tattoo guns to move the needle into the skin instead of a single needle with a tapper or mallet.