Magnetic-pole sentence example
- The older operation of magnetizing a steel bar by drawing a magnetic pole along it merely consists in exposing successive portions of the bar to the action of the strong field near the pole.
- Let a magnetic pole be drawn several times around a uniform steel ring, so that every part of the ring may be successively subjected to the magnetic force.
- But it was discovered by Faraday in 1845 that all substances, including even gases, are either attracted or repelled by a sufficiently powerful magnetic pole.
- A unit magnetic pole is that which acts on an equal pole at a distance of one centimetre with a force of one dyne.
- Ampere's investigations had led electricians to see that the force acting upon a magnetic pole due to a current in a neighbouring conductor was such as to tend to cause the pole to travel round the conductor.Advertisement
- Weber had already laid the foundations of the absolute system of electric and magnetic measurement, and proved that a quantity of electricity could be measured either by the force it exercises upon another static or stationary quantity of electricity, or magnetically by the force this quantity of electricity exercises upon a magnetic pole when flowing through a neighbouring conductor.
- The angle is gradually diminishing and the declination will in time again be o°, when it will slowly increase in an easterly direction, the north magnetic pole oscillating slowly around the North Pole.
- The declination, or deviation between the magnetic pole and the rotation pole, should theoretically be a simple, mathematically calculable figure.
- Other members of the expedition climbed Mount Erebus and reached the south magnetic pole.
- The angle is gradually diminishing and the declination will in time again be oÃ‚°, when it will slowly increase in an easterly direction, the north magnetic pole oscillating slowly around the North Pole.Advertisement
- The most popular theories revolve around a celestial alignment, mega solar flares or a magnetic pole shift that will cause cataclysmic events that ravage the earth.
- According to the story, the Pentagon held meetings with the world's leading scientists and concluded that once the magnetic pole aligned with the true North, it would continue moving to the equator, causing the earth to shift upon its axis.