Magnesium-chloride sentence example
- Magnesium sulphate amounts to 4.7% of the total salts of sea-water according to Dittmar, but to 23.6% of the salts of the Caspian according to Lebedinzeff; in the ocean magnesium chloride amounts to 10.9% of the total salts, in the Caspian only to 4.5%; on the other hand calcium sulphate in the ocean amounts to 3.6%, in the Caspian to 6.9 This disparity makes it extremely difficult to view ocean water as merely a watery extract of the salts existing in the rocks of the land.
- It is worked up either for Epsom salt and common salt, or for sodium sulphate and magnesium chloride.
- Bunsen, in 1852, electrolysed fused magnesium chloride in a porcelain crucible.
- To obtain the anhydrous salt, the double magnesium ammonium chloride, MgCl2 NH 4 C1.6H 2 O, is prepared by adding ammonium chloride to a solution of magnesium chloride.
- The solution is evaporated, and the residue strongly heated, when water and ammonium chloride are expelled, and anhydrous magnesium chloride remains.Advertisement
- C. Marignac has prepared it by the action of calcium carbonate on magnesium chloride.
- At a density of 1.218 the deposit becomes augmented by sodium chloride, which goes down mixed with a little magnesium chloride and sulphate.
- There is also deposited a double magnesium and potassium chloride, similar to the carnallite of Stassfurt, and finally the mother-liquor, which has now again risen to specific gravity 1.3374, contains only pure magnesium chloride.
- At times sodium sulphate is added to the brine, producing sodium chloride and magnesium sulphate by double decomposition with the magnesium chloride.
- His method consisted in using magnesia instead of lime for the recovery of the ammonia (which occurs in the form of ammonium chloride in the ammonia-soda process), and then by evaporating the magnesium chloride solution and heating the residue in steam, to condense the acid vapours and so obtain hydrochloric acid.Advertisement
- At 300° C. the ammonium chloride is decomposed by the magnesia, with the formation of magnesium chloride and ammonia.
- I found a small dropper bottle of a 33% solution of Magnesium chloride hidden at the back of a shelf.
- At 300Ã‚° C. the ammonium chloride is decomposed by the magnesia, with the formation of magnesium chloride and ammonia.
- Alta Magnesium Chloride is an easily digestible form of magnesium that should improve overall energy and health.