Maenad sentence example
- Fans who want to watch True Blood Frenzy are looking for the eleventh episode of season two in which Bill must seek the advice of Sophie-Anne, the Vampire Queen of Louisiana about the Maenad Maryann haunting Bon Temps, Louisiana.
- One of the main plots of the second season of HBO's original series True Blood involved a Maenad moving into Bon Temps and gradually seducing the town with her own brand of madness.
- A maenad is a creature of mythology, women devoted to the orgiastic celebrations of Dionysus (Greek) or Bacchus (Roman), gods of libation and celebration.
- In Charlaine Harris' novels, the Maenad first arrives to attack Sookie as a way of sending a message to Eric Northman, the Sheriff of Area Five.
- Eric understands the message and sends an appropriate tribute to assuage the Maenad.Advertisement
- Sophie-Ann describes a Maenad as a woman so devoted to her God Bacchus that she cannot die until she is united with her God.
- Meanwhile, Bill is in New Orleans asking the Queen for advice on how to deal with and destroy the Maenad whose blood is poison to the vampires.
- In the second season, Tara's hard, sharp exterior made her a prime candidate for the Maenad Maryann's (Michelle Forbes) deceptions.
- The Maenad Maryann (Michelle Forbes) arrived and began to seduce all of Bon Temps.
- It was revealed that Sam had an encounter with the maenad when he was a teenager and stole money from her.Advertisement
- Back in Bon Temps, Jason worked with Andy to fend off the Maenad Maryann and was forced to shoot Tara's lover Eggs when he attacked Andy, the sheriff of Bon Temps.