Made-waves sentence example
- Glamour magazine made waves in 2009 with a swimsuit spread featuring model Crystal Renn in a series of retro 1950s swimsuits.
- In 1999, EA made waves with a serious investment in internet gaming via their portal, EA.COM.
- A similar phenomenon was experienced when Pokemon made waves by crossing the Pacific.
- The TLC reality star first made waves with the show Jon & Kate Plus 8, and since that time, whenever the formerly married star changes her look, plenty of press is sure to follow.
- Emily Symons as Louise Appleton, who's made waves since she first arrived in Emmerdale in 2001.Advertisement
- Desperate Housewives Bree made waves at the water cooler when she joined other Melrose Place actors as Dr. Kimberly Shaw.
- In an interview that made waves across the country Suleman dubbed Gosselin a "cheater" for relying on plastic surgery to get her body back in bikini shape.
- Along with Billie Piper's Rose, Doctor Who made waves in Great Britain and then traveled across the great pond to air on the then-Sci-Fi Channel.