Made-men sentence example
- In those days the frequent visitation of plagues made men fear the gathering together of multitudes.
- In the latter there occurred the suggestive remarks that, whereas revolutions made men prematurely old and weary, the work of colonization tended to renew the youth of nations.
- Its popular aim and its rationalistic method made men overlook its real contents, which were not put clearly before them.
- The Jewish scribes thus fenced the law of vows with a traditional interpretation which made men break.
- These gods were some in vegetable, some in animal form; some traditions place among these gods Tiki the demiurge, who (like Prometheus) made men out of clay.Advertisement
- Like the Australian Pundjel, and the Maori Tiki, he made men of clay.
- The oppression and follies of the restored governments made men forget the evils of French rule and remember only its good side.
- Law never made men a whit more just; and, by means of their respect for it, even the well-disposed are daily made the agents of injustice.
- What force made men act so?