Macrocytic sentence example
- After 2 years, he was admitted because of macrocytic anemia.
- When the MCV is elevated, the RBCs will be larger than normal and are termed macrocytic.
- Macrocytic cells occur when division of RBC precursor cells in the bone marrow is impaired.
- The most common causes of macrocytic anemia are vitamin B 12 deficiency, folate deficiency, and liver disease.
- The MCH is usually elevated in macrocytic anemias associated with vitamin B 12 and folate deficiency.Advertisement
- The MCHC is low in microcytic, hypochromic anemias such as iron deficiency, but is usually normal in macrocytic anemias.
- It is essential in red blood cell formation, and folic acid deficiency can lead to macrocytic anemia.