Maceió sentence example
- The water-side village of Jaragua, the port of MaceiO, is practically a suburb of the city.
- Maceio is attractively situated in the midst of large plantations of coco-nut and dende palms, though the broad sandy beach in front and the open sun-burned plain behind give a barren character to its surroundings.
- Maceio dates from 1815 when a small settlement there was created a " villa."
- Amongst the varieties of cotton which are derived from this species appear to be Pernambuco, Maranham, Ceara, Aracaty and Maceio cottons.
- The largest of these are the Lagoa do Norte, on whose margin stands the city of Maceio, and the Lagoa do Sul, a few miles south of that city.Advertisement
- The comparatively short lines extending inland from the ports of Sao Salvador (Bahia), Pernambuco, Maceio, Victoria and Paranagua serve only a narrow zone along the coast.
- The capital, Maceio, is the chief commercial city of the state, and its port (Jaragua) has a large foreign and coastwise trade.
- Maceio, The total production in 1906 was estimated at about 275,000 bales, but only a portion was available for export, there being an increasing consumption in Brazil itself.