Macdougall sentence example
- The race of Somerled continued to rule the islands, and from a younger son of the same potentate sprang the lords of Lorne, who took the patronymic of Macdougall.
- Until 1855 no colonial bishop was consecrated outside the British Isles, the first instance being Dr MacDougall of Labuan, con- autoitual g g ?
- He had against him, not merely England, but the kith and kin of Comyn, including the potent clan of MacDowall or MacDougall in Galloway and Lorne; on his own side he had his kinship, broken men, and the clergy of Scotland.
- The first really successful mechanical pyrites-burner was constructed many years ago by MacDougall Bros.
- Dubgall is contained in the proper names MacDougall, MacDowell.Advertisement
- This started a blood feud between the Bruce and MacDougall clans; the Bruce had of course supported William Wallace.
- MacDougall does n't share Walter Scott 's fear of the French revolutionaries.