Macaws sentence example
- They were a key part of men's clothing and were usually made out of parrots, macaws and harpy eagles ' feathers.
- A flock of Scarlet Macaws was screaming by overhead while we working some nasty little flycatcher.
- In the late afternoon we'll walk toward the nearby river to watch Chestnut-fronted macaws fly in to roost.
- Along the way, we were greeted by 5 scarlet macaws showing off their colors in the trees on the banks.
- The large macaws desperately need the companionship of their own species.Advertisement
- Flocks of macaws chattered busily among themselves and, unsurprisingly, the rare jabiru stork was nowhere to be seen.
- Some 200 different species of birds live in the park and include toucans, cranes, peacocks, hummingbirds, macaws and flamingos.
- Harpy eagles and king vultures soar above the canopy, while scarlet macaws as well as blue and yellow macaws feast on clay licks.
- Bird species include colorful parrots, macaws, and parakeets, while reptiles in the snake house include pythons and boa constrictors, scorpions, iguanas, tarantulas, geckos, and more.
- Captain's Cove - This store offers two wine holders of the parrot variety (Macaws to be exact).Advertisement
- Using Houston zoo coupons will let you hang with monkeys, macaws, and mountain lions without breaking the bank.
- Woodpeckers (Coloptes auratus), macaws, parrakeets and other small parrots, and trogons, these last of beautifully resplendent plumage, deserve particular mention.
- Finsch published at Leiden an elaborate monograph of the parrots, 4 regarding them as a family, in which he admitted 26 genera, forming 5 subfamilies: (I) that composed of Strigops (Kakapo), only; (2) that containing the crested forms or cockatoos; (3) one which he named Sittacinae, comprising all the long-tailed species - a somewhat heterogeneous assemblage, made up of Macaws and what are commonly known as parakeets; (4) the parrots proper with short tails; and (5) the so-called "brush-tongued" parrots, consisting of the LoRIES (q.v.) and Nestors.