Macaques sentence example
- Like most other monkeys, macaques go about in large troops, each headed by an old male.
- Crab-eating macaques from Asia are by far the most heavily traded monkeys, followed by rhesus and squirrel monkeys.
- One SHIV used in monkeys and mutated into a pathogen so powerful that it kills rhesus macaques in weeks  .
- Some crab eating macaques were brought in from Shamrock, which I was later able to demonstrate against and see closed.
- The applicants had also explained that a further study involving macaques would not have led to any reduction in the numbers of animals used.Advertisement
- A group of wild Buton macaques were compared to a group of captive Sulawesi crested macaques housed at Paignton zoo.
- He will be greatly missed and we will be dedicating the new house for the stump-tailed macaques in his memory.
- The study has developed non-invasive tools to quantify HPA activity in lion-tailed macaques.
- The provision of a small swimming pool for captive macaques is an effective contribution to improving their welfare.
- Suggest one reason why subadult female macaques might handle the infants more than adult or juvenile female macaques.Advertisement
- In 2000, more than 400 rhesus macaques - found to be carrying herpes B - were required to be shot in UK zoos.
- It was at this point that the two baby macaques began to show their characters.
- Displaying great variability in the length of the tail, which is reduced to a mere tubercle in the Barbary ape, alone representing the subgenus Inuus, macaques are heavily-built monkeys, with longer muzzles than their compatriots the langurs (see PRIMATES), and large naked callosities on the buttocks.
- The culling of hundreds of Rhesus Macaques in a number of safari parks across Britain in 1999 highlighted the zoonoses issue.