Lutein sentence example
- Lutein is the primary carotenoid located in the center of the retina, called the macula.
- It has also been suggested that supplements containing lutein may also protect the retina.
- If you are considering food supplements to help maintain eye health in particular, a plant pigment called lutein is especially useful.
- For example, a supplement company a few years ago started to include lutein in their multivitamin pill.
- One egg has more lutein than a large serving of vegetables.Advertisement
- Taking lutein supplements can significantly increase blood levels of lutein supplements can significantly increase blood levels of lutein & the amount of macular pigment present in the retina.
- The carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin may help fight age-related eye disease.
- They also supersede other fruits in the antioxidant lutein, which, in studies has shown to protect people from cataracts.
- The zona granulosa cells begin to secrete progesterone (granulosa lutein cells ).
- I am taking Lutein which is claimed to be a strong scavenger of free radicals.Advertisement
- In the carotenoid category there are beta-carotenes prevalent in carrots, sweet potatoes, and red peppers; lycopene in tomatoes; and lutein in dark green leafy vegetables.
- If dry macular degeneration develops, some studies indicate that the use of vitamins containing lutein and other minerals may be helpful in slowing the progression of the condition.
- Beta-carotene, lycopene, and lutein have been singled out as extremely potent antioxidants.
- These include lutein (for strong eyes), ginkgo biloba (suggested to help with memory and mental sharpness), vitamins A, C, B6, B12, and the minerals calcium and zinc.