Lunar-month sentence example
- The Passover was kept at the full moon of the lunar month Nisan, the first of the Jewish ecclesiastical year; the Paschal lambs were slain on the afternoon of the, 4th Nisan, and the Passover was eaten after sunset the same day - which, however, as the Jewish day began at sunset, was by their reckoning the early hours of the r 5th Nisan; the first fruits (of the barley harvest) were solemnly offered on the 16th.
- The Jews Celebrated Their Passover On The 14Th Day Of The First Month, That Is To Say, The Lunar Month Of Which The Fourteenth Day Either Falls On, Or Next Follows, The Day Of The Vernal Equinox.
- In connecting the lunar month with the solar year, the framers of the ecclesiastical calendar adopted the period of Meton, or lunar cycle, which they supposed to be exact.
- But every leap year one day must be added to the lunar month in which the 29th of February is included.
- In Consequence Of The Solar And Lunar Equations, It Is Evident That The Epact Or Moon'S Age At The Beginning Of The Year, Must, In The Course Of Centuries, Have All Different Values From One To Thirty Inclusive, Corresponding To The Days In A Full Lunar Month.Advertisement
- He made the lunar month consist of 291 days, the lunar year of 354, and the solar year of 365; days.
- for a lunar month under the chief priest or prophet.
- 8, 9), and in the Homilies she is mystically .connected with the lunar month (Hom.
- In acts of parliament passed before the year 1850 month, unless otherwise specially interpreted, means lunar month, but in all acts passed since that date, month, unless words be added showing that lunar month was intended, means calendar month (Interpretation Act 1889, s.
- Damascus occupies an important commercial position, being the market for the whole of the desert; it also is of great importance religiously, as being the startingpoint for the Hajj pilgrimage from Syria to Mecca, which leaves on the 15th of the lunar month of Shawwal each year.Advertisement
- A lunar month lasts 29.5 days. Many cycles are coordinated with the lunar month or with stages of the lunar cycle.
- instructive to note the appearance of craters throughout the Lunar month.
- The months across the top of the chart represent the lunar month when the mother conceived.
- A lunar month is the time it takes to pass from one full moon to the next - roughly 29.5 days.
- The chart cross-references the mothers' age with the Chinese lunar month of conception.Advertisement
- To use the chart correctly, you must use the mother's lunar age and the Chinese lunar month.
- For example, the Chinese base their calendar on the new moon of the first lunar month.