Luminary sentence example
- All the mystic symbolism of the morning sun, especially in connexion with the doctrine of the future life, could thus be transferred to the benu, and the language of the hymns in which the Egyptians praised the luminary of dawn as he drew near 2 Some other ancient accounts may be here referred to.
- The book is unfinished, and treats only of the first luminary, Cicero; the others intended were apparently Seneca and Pliny.
- 4 But for this very reason Bokhara is famed as a luminary of pure theology and spreads its influence over Turkestan, Siberia, China, Kashmir, Afghanistan, and even over India.
- Passing through the luminary and parallel to the horizon, there is a white luminous circle, the parhelic circle (P), on which a number of images of the luminary appear.
- who arrived at any correct notion of the tides, and not only indicated their connexion with the moon, but pointed out their periodical fluctuations in accordance with the phases of that luminary.Advertisement
- The need of an organ for the dissemination of information, and the quickening of interest in the missionary and educational enterprises of the Triennial Convention, led Rice to establish the Latter Day Luminary (1816) and the Columbian Star, a weekly journal (1822).
- In the first class we have halos, and coronae, or "glories," which encircle the luminary; the second class includes rainbows, fog-bows, mist-halos, anthelia and mountainspectres, whose centres are at the anti-solar point.
- luminary nuns.
- As creation involves intention, desire, thought and work, and as these are properties which imply limit and belong to a finite being, and moreover as the imperfect and circumscribed nature of this creation precludes the idea of its being the direct work of the infinite and perfect, the En Soph had to become creative, through the medium of ten Sephiroth or intelligences, which emanated from him like rays proceeding from a luminary.
- While the votes were being counted, design luminary Michael Wolff and keynote speaker at the event praised the teams.Advertisement
- The former are situated at from 90Ã‚° to 140Ã‚° from the sun; the latter is a white patch of light situated at the anti-solar point and often exceeding in size the apparent diameter of the luminary.
- The former are situated at from 90° to 140° from the sun; the latter is a white patch of light situated at the anti-solar point and often exceeding in size the apparent diameter of the luminary.
- luminary this period he played with a number of free jazz luminaries, including Sun Ra, Don Cherry, and Billy Higgins.