Love-feast sentence example
- It is celebrated in the evening, and is accompanied by the ancient love feast (partaken by all communicants seated at a common table), by the ceremony of the washing of feet and by the salutation of the holy kiss, the three last-named ceremonies being observed by the sexes separately.
- On New Year's Day, 1739, the Wesleys, Whitefield and other friends had a Love Feast at Fetter Lane.
- The class-meeting, the love-feast, the watch-night, the covenant service, leaders, stewards, lay preachers, all were the fruit of this readiness to avail himself of suggestions made by men or events.
- That catechumens could not participate in the agape or love-feast (of which in this epoch the Eucharist was merely an episode) does not give to those feasts the character of a Greek mystery.
- The Eucharist formed part of an agape or love feast until the end of the 2nd century, and in parts of Christendom continued to be so much later.Advertisement
- Now the survivors return home and hold a love-feast, in which all quarrels are healed, all trespasses forgiven.
- The Lord's Supper was observed weekly; and between forenoon and afternoon service every Sunday a love feast was held at which every member was required to be present.
- The earliest Armenian rituals contain ample services for the conduct of an agape or love feast held in the church off sacrificial meat.