Lopped sentence example
- In many names the divine element is lopped off, but was originally present.
- With one stroke he lopped the wood in half.
- Rhyn lopped the head off the last demon and wiped his knife again.
- The branches should not be lopped in spring, on account of their tendency to bleed at that season.
- The Rigveda (3, 8) describes it as a tree well lopped with axe, anointed and adorned by the priest.Advertisement
- Definitions and sizes are given below of the most usual forms of sawn timber: A log is the trunk of a tree with the bark removed and branches lopped.
- Ms Miller kissed it goodbye when she lopped off her tresses and swopped her tiered skirts for minis and drainpipe jeans.
- Taking pen to paper, or in this case, scissor to pantyhose, lopped off the bottom portion of the hose, and was able to wear her slacks with confidence.
- This is proved by making sections in various directions, and by finding that in some instances as much as two-thirds of the wing may be lopped off without materially impairing the power of flight."
- The substructure was built up from the bottom of the loch, partly of brushwood but chiefly of logs and trunks of trees with the branches lopped off, placed in layers, each disposed transversely or obliquely across the one below it.Advertisement
- Through a gap in the broken wall he could see, beside the wooden fence, a row of thirty year-old birches with their lower branches lopped off, a field on which shocks of oats were standing, and some bushes near which rose the smoke of campfires-- the soldiers' kitchens.