Longings sentence example
- Since the soul in its longings reaches forth beyond all sensible things, beyond the world of ideas even, it follows that the highest being must be something supra-rational.
- Life is too short to suffer the repetition of an old man's longings or regrets.
- longings of the human heart.
- In this gospel we must be done with the outer world, participation in which is not the self, yet means for the self birth and death, appetites, longings, emotions, change and suffering, pleasure and pain.
- The longing expressed by people looking toward the new age of the Messiah are the longing expressed by people looking toward the new age of the Messiah are the longings of people today.Advertisement
- The language in this and the following section is highly figurative; but as Porter has well remarked: "Figurative language is the only language in which we can express our hope of heaven, and no figures can have greater power to suggest this hope than those taken from the literal longings of exiled Israel for the recovery of its land and city."
- All my dreams and longings have come to fruition in a single instant when dearest Joshua held me close and my world was sunshine.
- But ye are not so, for they who are of Christ have crucified the flesh, with all lusts and longings.