Longhaired sentence example
- Longhaired cats need thorough daily grooming to prevent their coats becoming matted.
- The aye-aye, Chiromys (or Daubentonia) madagascariensis, is an animal with a superficial resemblance to a longhaired and dusky-coloured cat with unusually large eyes.
- The majority of these are large and heavilybuilt ruminants, with horns present in both sexes, the muzzle broad, moist and naked, the nostrils lateral, no face-glands, and a large dewlap often developed in the males; while the tail is long and generally tufted, although in one instance longhaired throughout.
- Authari, "the Longhaired," with his Roman title of Flavius, marks the change from the war king of an invading host to the permanent representative of the unity and law of the nation, and the increased power of the crown, by the possession of a great domain, to enforce its will.
- The oriental Longhair is the longhaired version of the Oriental shorthair just as the Balinese is the longhaired version of the Siamese.Advertisement
- It includes Sciuropterus, represented by small species from the northern parts of both hemispheres; Pteromys, comprising large flying-squirrels, ranging from India and the Malay countries to Japan, characterized by the long cylindrical tail and large inter-femoral membrane; and Eupetaurus, represented by one very large dark grey, long-tailed and longhaired species from Astor and Gilgit, which differs from all other members of the family by its tall-crowned cheek-teeth (see Flying Squirrel).
- The Oriental Longhair is the longhaired version of the Oriental Shorthair just as the Balinese is the longhaired version of the Siamese.
- Sikkens recommends that the Cetol SRD stain be brushed on with a longhaired natural bristle brush.