Long-suffering sentence example
- We see him full of tenderness to animals, a virtue not common in Italy in spite of the example of St Francis; open-handed in giving, not eager in getting- "poor," he says, "is the man of many wants"; not prone to resentment - "the best shield against injustice is to double the cloak of long-suffering"; zealous in labour above all men - "as a day well spent gives joyful sleep, so does a life well spent give joyful death."
- Should be wary long-suffering patrons showtime was rushed too in new jersey.
- He and Kruger demonstrate some fine romantic chemistry, and Justin Bartha gets off some legitimately funny lines as Ben's long-suffering sidekick.
- Colin Degrease, 32, donned the pristine Y-fronts at the insistence of his long-suffering wife Donna.
- As no voice was raised in his defence and the decision of the ecclesiastical council which condemned him was universally accepted without protest, we must conclude that the conflict was not really between Church and State but simply between the haughty, ambitious Patriarch Nikon and the devout, long-suffering Tsar Alexius.Advertisement
- Nevertheless, to the end of his career, he continued to harass and annoy his long-suffering benefactor with fresh impertinences.
- In 1584 the long-suffering earl of Shrewsbury was relieved of his fourteen years' charge through the involuntary good offices of his wife, whose daughter by her first husband had married a brother of Darnley; and their orphan child Arabella, born in England, of royal descent on the father's side, was now, in the hopeful view of her grandmother, a more plausible claimant than the king or queen of Scots to the inheritance of the English throne.
- Then, I had phoned my long-suffering and saintly wife, and thrown myself on her mercy.
- It also leaves the zoo 's long-suffering animals to languish in their squalid enclosures for even longer.
- They will get ready to pounce on their fellow cats, other animal house mates such as a long suffering dog, or even a handy human leg if nothing else of interest presents itself.Advertisement
- Other lists of great Days stars may include Deidre Hall, the actress behind the long-suffering Marlena Evans and Drake Hogestyn, the man of many names who finally became just John Black.
- While Erica was abandoned by her father, and took it out on her long-suffering mother, Mona (Frances Heflin), it really formed the backbone of Erica's reliance on family.
- At this point I have to thank my long-suffering girlfriend for being there otherwise I would have been stuffed.