Long-drawn-out sentence example
- Men and women of all ranks began to visit it; the emperor himself consented (f 887) to witness a performance by the great stars of the stage at the private residence of Marquis Inouye; a dramatic reform association was organized by a number of prominent noblemen and scholars; drastic efforts were made to purge the old historical dramas of anachronisms and inconsistencies, and at length a theatre (the Yurabu-za) was built on purely European lines, where instead of sitting from morning to night witnessing one long-drawn-out drama with interludes of whole farces, a visitor may devote only a few evening-hours to the pastime.
- The result was a long drawn out interval, while the government held on and its supporters became more embittered over their differences.
- Cynthia was already in bed, an impossibly fat book in her lapâ€” probably a long drawn out saga where generations of dysfunctional families romp around history.
- From this moment begins a long-drawn-out series of tricks and subterfuges, undertaken with the view of deceiving Mark, whose suspicions, excited by sundry of his courtiers, from time to time get beyond his control, and are as often laid to rest by some clever ruse on the part of his nephew, or his wife, ably seconded by Brangaene.
- This is described as a long drawn-out dream of bitter memories - a vivid consciousness of failure without volition, or the power of initiative - a dream of lost opportunities and futile regrets, of ambitions thwarted and hopes denied, of neglected duties, abused powers and impotent hate; a dream ending ultimately in the oblivion of utter annihilation.Advertisement
- A drummer, their leader, turned round facing the singers, and flourishing his arm, began a long-drawn-out soldiers' song, commencing with the words: "Morning dawned, the sun was rising," and concluding: "On then, brothers, on to glory, led by Father Kamenski."
- It is designed to help plaintiffs' firms with long-drawn-out cases and high attorney cash expenses.
- Break ups can often be a painful and long drawn out experience for both parties involved, which is why relationship breaking up poems can be a smart way to quickly express your case with sentiment.
- Part of the reason breakups become such a long drawn out process is that what ever should be said, directly and without any faltering, is often difficult to say when your ex-partner is now weeping into her salad plate.
- Blochmann, the immensely long drawn out supra-oesophageal ganglion.Advertisement