Long-drawn sentence example
- The negotiations were long drawn out; for Cavour struggled to save Nice and Napoleon was anxious to make conditions, especially as regards Tuscany.
- The foreseen adverse termination of this long-drawn cause led to Henry's legislation.
- Blochmann, the immensely long drawn out supra-oesophageal ganglion.
- Buller's operations, too, had cost at Colenso r roo men, at Spion Kop r 700, at Vaalkrantz 400, and now in the last long-drawn effort 16 oo more - over s000 in all.
- It occasioned a long-drawn controversy between Pierre Bayle and Le Clerc, the former maintaining, the latter denying, that the Plastic Medium is really favourable to atheism.Advertisement
- A long-drawn echo from all classes hailed a revolution that was possible because it was necessary.
- The result was a long drawn out interval, while the government held on and its supporters became more embittered over their differences.
- Cynthia was already in bed, an impossibly fat book in her lapâ€” probably a long drawn out saga where generations of dysfunctional families romp around history.
- At the moment he opened his eyes he heard in front of him, where the enemy was, the long-drawn shouts of thousands of voices.
- "A-tu!" came the long-drawn cry of one of the borzoi whippers-in, who had halted.Advertisement
- He stood on a knoll in the stubble, holding his whip aloft, and again repeated his long-drawn cry, "A-tu!"
- Break ups can often be a painful and long drawn out experience for both parties involved, which is why relationship breaking up poems can be a smart way to quickly express your case with sentiment.
- Part of the reason breakups become such a long drawn out process is that what ever should be said, directly and without any faltering, is often difficult to say when your ex-partner is now weeping into her salad plate.