Londoner sentence example
- Some fled to the hills of Hampstead and Highgate, but Moorfields was the chief resort of the houseless Londoner.
- Government We know little of The government of London during the Saxon period, and it is only incidentally that we learn how the Londoner had become possessed of special privileges which he continued to claim with success through many centuries.
- Athelstan's acceptance of the London-made law for the whole kingdom, as pointed out by Mr Gomme, is another instance of the independence of the Londoner.
- He had, however, before this, taken up arms in Monmouth's expedition, and is supposed to have owed his lucky escape from the clutches of the king's troops and the law, to his being a Londoner, and therefore a stranger in the west country.
- Specimens of the greater number are not only to be procured in England, but are almost familiar to the ordinary Londoner.Advertisement
- Every Londoner's journey to work involves being crushed like a sardine on the tube with their nose stuck up someone's sweaty armpit.
- Someone from the North, for example, might find a Londoner almost incomprehensible.
- Coming right up to date Londoner Jonathan Gee plays the Wardrobe 13 June with a Quartet he co-leads with young trumpeter Damon Brown.
- On Friday March 12th 2004 Taxi Media teamed up with KitKat, Nestle to give Londoner 's a mid-afternoon treat.