Loitering sentence example
- She sensed danger and promise from the freaky guy loitering in the shadow world.
- A form loitering against one wall straightened as he started towards the stairs.
- Don't use an ATM if someone is loitering nearby.
- In 1417 John made an attack on Paris, which failed through his loitering at Lagny; 1 but on the 30th of May 1418 a traitor, one Perrinet Leclerc, opened the gates of Paris to the Burgundian captain, Villiers de l'Isle Adam.
- And when he came to the nut trees, and saw the shells left by the idle fairies and all the traces of their frolic, he knew exactly how they had acted, and that they had disobeyed him by playing and loitering on their way through the woods.Advertisement
- They are described as an idle, depraved people, spending their time for the most part in loitering about the harbour, or carousing over the fine wine of Maronea.
- People habitually ignore signs saying: no parking, no smoking, or no loitering.
- loitering around your vehicle, walk past until they leave.
- loitering in front of the entrances.
- He flipped to the next page as he emerged near the palace, agitated at realizing he'd get no privacy, not with the hundreds of assassins loitering.Advertisement
- The red-light district is full of shady characters loitering on street corners.
- And this why I sojourn here Alone and palely loitering, Tho the sedge is withered from the lake, And no birds sing.
- loitering about could be harmless; on the other hand they may be up to no good.
- loitering nearby, kept at bay by two other hippos standing guard either side of their dead companion.
- loitering down the valley.Advertisement
- loitering with political intent.
- loitering outside the shop.