Loitered sentence example
- Several warriors loitered near the console.
- The sector specialists were busy at their workstations while two guards loitered outside the damaged entrance.
- The two generals who were sent to relieve it loitered disgracefully over their march, and, when Belisarius wished to despatch further reinforcements, the commanders of these new troops refused to stir till Narses gave them orders.
- But, as the press loitered, Schopenhauer, suspecting treachery, wrote so rudely and haughtily to the publisher that the latter broke off correspondence with his client.
- Hence the 16th-century proverb "to dine with Duke Humphrey," used of those who loitered there dinnerless.Advertisement
- He coaled his ships and then loitered in the Pacific whilst he decided what to do next.
- Several people loitered there, and she passed them all with a glance.